Continuous Wear Contact Lenses
The newest product on the market are contact lenses for continuous wear. They are manufactured with a permeable material (such as silicone hydrogel) that allows more oxygen to reach the eye, even when the eyelid is closed. Because of that, they can also be worn while sleeping. Just imagine waking up every day with clear vision!
Contact lenses that can be worn for more than one twenty-four hour period are referred to as extended wear contact lenses. Extended wear contact lenses that can be worn for up to thirty consecutive days are called continuous wear contact lenses.
Continuous wear contact lenses can be beneficial to those contact lens wearers that have difficulty with contact lens insertion and removal. They are also great for contact lens wearers who are tired of having to hassle with contact lens solutions and cases daily.
This type of lens is usually worn for 1 to 4 weeks at a time. The lens should generally be disposed of and replaced after a month. These lenses are most suitable (and most eye friendly) even for daily use, much like normal monthly lenses.
- Oxygen permeable
- Can be worn while sleeping
- Simpler cleaning
- Perfect vision upon waking in the morning
- Good for dry eyes
- More expensive than normal monthly lenses
Air Optix Night & Day Aqua,
- Many dogs and cats have cataracts. A German technology makes vision correction possible for animals using an interocular lens.
Contact Lenses for Animals
- Amblyopia, or lazy eye, can be treated discreetly with contact lenses. No kid wants a patch!
Bye Bye Lazy Eyes
- Vanity lenses look great but are not without dangers. Read how to prevent problems.
Avoid These Risks
- Sunglasses are not always enough. Use contact lenses to block harmful UV radiation.
UV Blocking Contacts
- Continuous wear contact lenses are great, but have been blamed for eye infections. Do new materials help?
- The eye can handle the strain of contact lenses even at a surprisingly young age. What about the patient?
Contacts for Children
- Contact lenses could help stop teenager myopia from getting worse.
Stop Adolescent Myopia
- Can contact lenses be used safely in the swimming pool or in the sauna?
Contacts in the Pool
- Make your contact lenses last longer with proper care.
Extending Lens Life
- Keep your eyes healthy with these easy-to-follow rules.
9 Health Rules
- Contact lenses are often blamed for dry eyes. Choose the right lenses and suffer no more.
Prevent Dry Eyes
- Laser eye surgery has grown in popularity. We compared it to using contact lenses.
LASIK vs. Contacts
- Coloured lenses can enhance your appearance dramatically.
See Better, Look Better