Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
If you are interested in contact lenses, but think they may be difficult to keep clean and take care of, or a current contact lens wearer that would prefer a lens that is hassle-free, daily disposable contact lenses could be your answer. Daily disposable contact lenses or single-use contact lenses are thrown away each night, eliminating the need for any kind of maintenance.
Daily disposable contact lenses are available in a variety of materials. They are available for both myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness). There are daily disposable lenses available for people have astigmatism and require toric contact lenses. There are even daily disposable contact lenses in a multifocal design. While single-use multifocal contact lenses can be expensive, they offer superior convenience and performance. Some people choose the daily multifocal contact lenses when they wear their contacts less often than their glasses.
With daily disposable contact lenses, you no longer have worry about your lenses not being as clear toward the end of their wear time. Also, because lenses are disposed of each day, there is less risk of any kind of eye infection or other kind of damage to the eye that is normally associated with contact lens wear. They can be ideal for younger contact lens wearers who may not be as conscientious of contact lens hygiene. Daily disposable contact lenses are also a good solution for people who play sports, because often times, glasses do not fit well under most types of helmets, and are susceptible to damage during sports.
It is important that daily disposable contact lenses are not worn for more than one day. Just like any other type of contact lens, at the end of their suggested wear time, the material they are made from begins to break down, and can cause anything from mild irritation of the eye to serious eye damage that could mean being unable to wear contact lenses altogether.
- Comfortable to wear
- No need for cleaning
- Suitable for those whose eyes get irritated by lens cleaning liquids
- Easy for traveling
- Most suitable if lenses are worn only occasionally
- Good for working in dusty environments, as particles don't have time to accumulate on lens surface
- Some available also in toric and coloured models
- If used daily, considerably more expensive than monthly disposable lenses
1-Day Acuvue Moist,
- Many dogs and cats have cataracts. A German technology makes vision correction possible for animals using an interocular lens.
Contact Lenses for Animals
- Amblyopia, or lazy eye, can be treated discreetly with contact lenses. No kid wants a patch!
Bye Bye Lazy Eyes
- Vanity lenses look great but are not without dangers. Read how to prevent problems.
Avoid These Risks
- Sunglasses are not always enough. Use contact lenses to block harmful UV radiation.
UV Blocking Contacts
- Continuous wear contact lenses are great, but have been blamed for eye infections. Do new materials help?
- The eye can handle the strain of contact lenses even at a surprisingly young age. What about the patient?
Contacts for Children
- Contact lenses could help stop teenager myopia from getting worse.
Stop Adolescent Myopia
- Can contact lenses be used safely in the swimming pool or in the sauna?
Contacts in the Pool
- Make your contact lenses last longer with proper care.
Extending Lens Life
- Keep your eyes healthy with these easy-to-follow rules.
9 Health Rules
- Contact lenses are often blamed for dry eyes. Choose the right lenses and suffer no more.
Prevent Dry Eyes
- Laser eye surgery has grown in popularity. We compared it to using contact lenses.
LASIK vs. Contacts
- Coloured lenses can enhance your appearance dramatically.
See Better, Look Better