Dried Out Soft Contact Lenses
Soft contact lenses are partially or even mostly made of water. When not in use, it is important to keep them hydrated by storing them in contact lens solution.
Sometimes a lens can get stuck on the underside of the lens case lid or otherwise accidentally dry out. It’s usually possible to revive and use the lens again. As lenses break very easily when they are dry, it's important not to touch or try to remove a dry lens that is stuck to a surface.
Soften the lens with a multiuse solution and wait a few minutes before attempting to remove it. Place the lens back in its case, cover it with solution, and wait at least an hour before using it again.
Read here for tips on what you should do if you forget to take out the lenses before going to sleep.
- Many dogs and cats have cataracts. A German technology makes vision correction possible for animals using an interocular lens.
Contact Lenses for Animals
- Amblyopia, or lazy eye, can be treated discreetly with contact lenses. No kid wants a patch!
Bye Bye Lazy Eyes
- Vanity lenses look great but are not without dangers. Read how to prevent problems.
Avoid These Risks
- Sunglasses are not always enough. Use contact lenses to block harmful UV radiation.
UV Blocking Contacts
- Continuous wear contact lenses are great, but have been blamed for eye infections. Do new materials help?
- The eye can handle the strain of contact lenses even at a surprisingly young age. What about the patient?
Contacts for Children
- Contact lenses could help stop teenager myopia from getting worse.
Stop Adolescent Myopia
- Can contact lenses be used safely in the swimming pool or in the sauna?
Contacts in the Pool
- Make your contact lenses last longer with proper care.
Extending Lens Life
- Keep your eyes healthy with these easy-to-follow rules.
9 Health Rules
- Contact lenses are often blamed for dry eyes. Choose the right lenses and suffer no more.
Prevent Dry Eyes
- Laser eye surgery has grown in popularity. We compared it to using contact lenses.
LASIK vs. Contacts
- Coloured lenses can enhance your appearance dramatically.
See Better, Look Better