Monthly and Fortnightly Contact Lenses
Monthly lenses used to be the most popular class of contact lenses, but have been superseded by daily disposable lenses as of late. On this site we use this term to refer to lenses that are disposed of and replaced monthly as well to those that are replaced fortnightly or even weekly, as the distinction is not always clear. Some call these "frequent replacement" lenses.
Monthly contact lenses are worn during the day and placed in cleaning solution at night.
- More affordable than one day lenses
- Many different materials and models to choose from
- Also available in coloured and toric versions
- Require daily cleaning with a cleaning solution
- Comfort may decline slightly towards the end of usage period
- Easier to maintain than yearly GP lenses
Air Optix Aqua,
- Many dogs and cats have cataracts. A German technology makes vision correction possible for animals using an interocular lens.
Contact Lenses for Animals
- Amblyopia, or lazy eye, can be treated discreetly with contact lenses. No kid wants a patch!
Bye Bye Lazy Eyes
- Vanity lenses look great but are not without dangers. Read how to prevent problems.
Avoid These Risks
- Sunglasses are not always enough. Use contact lenses to block harmful UV radiation.
UV Blocking Contacts
- Continuous wear contact lenses are great, but have been blamed for eye infections. Do new materials help?
- The eye can handle the strain of contact lenses even at a surprisingly young age. What about the patient?
Contacts for Children
- Contact lenses could help stop teenager myopia from getting worse.
Stop Adolescent Myopia
- Can contact lenses be used safely in the swimming pool or in the sauna?
Contacts in the Pool
- Make your contact lenses last longer with proper care.
Extending Lens Life
- Keep your eyes healthy with these easy-to-follow rules.
9 Health Rules
- Contact lenses are often blamed for dry eyes. Choose the right lenses and suffer no more.
Prevent Dry Eyes
- Laser eye surgery has grown in popularity. We compared it to using contact lenses.
LASIK vs. Contacts
- Coloured lenses can enhance your appearance dramatically.
See Better, Look Better