Teens & Contact Lenses
Contact lenses have become especially popular with the younger crowds today. Many children and teenagers do not want to have to wear glasses and with contact lenses as an easy alternative, they have become the number one choice for teens today.
As this industry has continued to grow, many people have become more aware of the unique advantages of contact lenses and found that they are in fact very easy and convenient to use. When contacts first came out many people were so hesitant to place them on their eye that it is easy to see how far the contact lens industry has come now.
The most desirable aspect of wearing contact lenses for teens today is of course the option to not have to wear glasses. There has always been a stigma on those who had to wear glasses during these school years, and now the option of contact lenses is far more affordable and better yet they are simple to use. Many parents choose to allow their teens to test out contact lenses with the even more affordable disposable lenses to get the feel before investing more in regular lenses.
Express Yourself With Colour
Secondly, teens as well as adults have increased the craze of the coloured contact lenses. This is a great combination which allows you to improve your vision without anyone knowing as well as change your eye colour to any colour you choose! This is the type of convenience that teenagers today really appreciate.
Many times your optician will allow you to take a pair or two of contact lenses home for free to test before making any purchases and this is perhaps the perfect way for teens to really learn if contact lenses are for them. The care for contact lenses is important but it is simple as well which makes it a perfect option for anyone who requires a vision alteration.
However, contact lenses are not just about convenience and looks, but may have lasting health benefits. In some cases it may actually be possible to stop worsening adolescent myopia by using hard RGP contact lenses.
- Many dogs and cats have cataracts. A German technology makes vision correction possible for animals using an interocular lens.
Contact Lenses for Animals
- Amblyopia, or lazy eye, can be treated discreetly with contact lenses. No kid wants a patch!
Bye Bye Lazy Eyes
- Vanity lenses look great but are not without dangers. Read how to prevent problems.
Avoid These Risks
- Sunglasses are not always enough. Use contact lenses to block harmful UV radiation.
UV Blocking Contacts
- Continuous wear contact lenses are great, but have been blamed for eye infections. Do new materials help?
- The eye can handle the strain of contact lenses even at a surprisingly young age. What about the patient?
Contacts for Children
- Contact lenses could help stop teenager myopia from getting worse.
Stop Adolescent Myopia
- Can contact lenses be used safely in the swimming pool or in the sauna?
Contacts in the Pool
- Make your contact lenses last longer with proper care.
Extending Lens Life
- Keep your eyes healthy with these easy-to-follow rules.
9 Health Rules
- Contact lenses are often blamed for dry eyes. Choose the right lenses and suffer no more.
Prevent Dry Eyes
- Laser eye surgery has grown in popularity. We compared it to using contact lenses.
LASIK vs. Contacts
- Coloured lenses can enhance your appearance dramatically.
See Better, Look Better